What is gum graft surgery: If your gums are receding due to orthodontia, over brushing, genetics or bad luck, you’re likely to need a gum graft. Basically, they cut tissue off the roof of your mouth (the donor area), cut the gums off around your teeth, peel them down, stitch the donor tissue on and then stitch the gum tissue back over that. *Shiver* eeek! that is what I just had done for the second time!
The first time I had it done, mom was here to feed me yummy soft healthy foods, but she's not here this time, so it's been popscicles, yogurt, icecream, icecream bars, pretty much anything full of sugar. Today it really does look like I got punched in the jaw and the swelling seems only to be getting worse....hmmmmm. Brian's in MA all week, so it's just me, the kids and some sweet pain meds to get me through the week!
day after surgery
3 days after surgery
ouch!
ReplyDeleteSounds so much worse then my experience of having an upper molar 'drilled' out last Thursday! I kept a wad of gauze stuffed in it for a day, but now just avoid food that needs the 'chewing' process!
ReplyDeleteKids are beautiful! Eager to see them again soon!
ReplyDeleteOuch! I hope you feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh - you poor thing!! You should have skipped the surgery and come to MA. with Brian to stay with me!!!
ReplyDeleteoh I didn't know you had that done again -I'm going to need it one day too:(
ReplyDeletelove the new pictures too of the kids!