September 25th, 2012 became a day to remember. I woke up that morning not feeling great and having contractions, but I figured they would eventually stop like they had been doing the past few weeks. I went ahead and called my doctor that morning to change my appointment from Thurs. to that day because I hadn't been feeling baby move quite as much in the past few days and I just wanted to put my mind at ease that all was well in the womb. For my peace of mind my sweet doctor had us take a look at her on ultrasound and make sure my fluids looked good and that she was doing well since her movement had decreased. She did some sort of test and the baby failed the fetal movement test (can't remember official names of the tests). She just wasn't moving, but her heart rate and breathing looked great so I wasn't worried about her. I spent about three hours at the docs office trying to get baby to move around for us and the longer I was there the more regular my contractions got (praise God!). While they were monitoring me my doctor noticed I was having significant and regular contractions and I was now dilated to a 4 so she said, "How about we have a baby today!" She had me go home pack my bag and come back to hospital where she broke my water and I just continued to labor on my own (my ideal situation!). I got an epidural - thanked the Lord for modern medicine and continued to labor pain free while chatting with Brian and my bestie Johanna who was able to be with us. Then shortly after that I said\yelled, "the baby is coming!", my nurse got a bit stressed out as she wasn't quite ready for it to happen so fast, I told Brian he better get someone or do something because this baby was coming out - ha! Doctor came and literally three pushes later there was a perfect little baby with a head full of hair laying on my chest. It was for sure my "easiest" labor and delivery so far. And our prayers were answered that baby girl would come before Grandpa and Nana had to leave!
| Love Love Love her |
| Our third addition to this duo |
| gettin' love from her Aunti Jo |
| sweet little newborn face |
| Grandpa and Nana get to meet baby Hannah |
You look great for having just given birth! Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteWahoo!!! She is absolutely precious - perfect in every way! She was almost identical to Caleb in size too (he was 8 lbs. 5 oz & 21 inches). Blessings as you settle into life as a family of FIVE :).
ReplyDeleteCongrats! You look amazing Lisa!
ReplyDelete