Friday, November 19, 2010

A New Hobby

So Lately I'v been trying to learn how to coupon and I'm addicted now! I have a few friends who are also getting into it and it's fun to share our scenerios with each other. The goal being, spend pennies on items.  I'v started trying to get good at one store and learn the system, RiteAid (which is like a CVS or Walgreens) and I have found the most success there.  You can use store coupons, with manufacturer's coupons along with the +Up rewards that Rite Aid gives out.  So the first picture I paid $3.03 out of pocket, however it was essentially free because I walked away with 3 +Up rewards (3 dollars to use towards my next purchase at Rite Aid. :)  For example I have $5 off a purchase of $25, so I try to do my purchases in $25 increments. (my total coupon savings for this was $46.25! Plus I made $12 off the +UP rewards for the store.  These were all sale items that I used 2 coupons per item.  I'm not so good at explaining it, but I'v enjoyed reading some couponing blogs and there are alot out there. I really like the krazycouponlady blog http://discountqueens.blogspot.com/.  Anyhow, just thought I'd share my new hobby with you :-) 

5 comments:

  1. I'm a coupon freak!!! I'm very limited on it now though. I only have 1 American grocery store to shop at. Walgreens, Rite-Aid, CVS, and whatever other drug stores are out there are the best places to take advantage of all these deals. There are tons of blogs out there who figure out all the deals and savings for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, how do you have time to figure all this out with 2 small children? I'm impressed. I clip coupons and end up leaving them at home when I go shopping. Go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo! Finally a picture of you're steal! Now you're officially coupon freak like me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara, I love that you coupon too and I completely agree that the best deals are at the drug stores.

    Sarah, I bought my 19lb. turkey tonight for $5.52!! :-)

    Aunt Katherine, I'm staying up later to clip coupons that's for sure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's my kind of thing!! Great new hobby!

    ReplyDelete