Speaking of good memories. I was decorating our tree a few days ago and thinking about the memory that went along with each ornament. I have this toy soldier ornament and apparently LaLa (my grandmother) gave it to me, because "From Lala -1983" is written on the back. Although I don't actually remember getting it from her, seeing it year after year has made it very special to me. (side note: My favorite ornament has always been and will always be my ballerina from Aunt Carmen. Nathan is your dude ballerina on your tree this year?)
Speaking of grandmothers, Josiah's Yiayia sent him and Grace sweet little ornaments. I was trying to explain to him how to hang it on the tree and that it's from Yiayia and Grandad and now when he sees the ornament he says "Yiayia". It's pretty cute. When he's grown he may not remember getting that gift from Yiayia, but he will remember seeing it year after year and it will become very dear to him because she's written on the back of it and made it special for him.
Love those two bears on our tree this year!
Nathan's dude ballerina...hahahahahaha.....
ReplyDeletethat face! too cute!
ReplyDeleteGrace looks like the special creation of the American Doll Company! Mom and I want to give her a hug!....and her family :) See you in...in....in....when?
ReplyDeleteGrace is so cute and I wish I could hold her and hug her and all of you for that matter.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Auntie Katherine