Josiah really loves his Sunday school class and every Sunday we ask him what he learns about. Today we asked the same question, however the response was different than usual.
Us: "Josiah, What did you learn about in Sunday school today?"
Josiah: "about God."
Us: "what about God?"
Josiah: he got his butt in a cave then he flew out!"
immediate laughter from us parents.... "excuse me, what did you learn?!" and he repeats the same thing, very matter of factly (I didn't even know he knew the word "butt" - which in fact we're finding out he doesn't really know what that word means) haha! more laughter. Josiah even precedes to show us how the dead body was lying in the cave and then flew out. We pull out the same children's Bible that I know they used this morning in his class and looked through all the stories with caves in them and come to learn that he read the story of Jesus raising Lazarus from the grave. I'm friends with his teacher and told her what he said and her reply was "I want you to know I didn't use the word "butt".
Josiahs talks so much now! I'm trying to keep up with writing down all the cute things he says. Yesterday as he's headed out the door to play outside he says, "i'm going to go put on my chest". He keeps calling his "vest" a "chest" :) I cherish these sweet three year old conversations I get to have with him, I know all too soon I'll miss them.
bahhahahaha!!
ReplyDeletethis sounds SO much like Kate right now -she comes home from her "Puggles" class (Awana) bursting with outrageous stories about God and Jesus mixing it up with the My Little Ponies and Snow White!
keep writing his funny things down -gets harder and harder to remember as the little voices grow;)