Friday, October 28, 2011

Loving the Little Years

There's a group of women that I am I privileged to know.  These women have become dear dear friends to me. We like to read books and get together to talk about them.  We love to laugh, cry(it's usually me crying :), encourage, and simply share life with one another. It's a highlight for me each week. It has been fun to watch our group of children go from 6 to 9 to soon to be 10 kids.  We're finding the more kids we have the more interruptions we have during our chat time, but i don't think we'd let the fact that 10 kids in one house can sometimes get chaotic, stop us from continuing to get together each week (this is where lots of laughter comes in to play).

We have read through some parenting books together and it's quite humorous at times to be discussing a scenerio in a book about children fighting over a toy and how to best handle the situation and then two of our own children are heard screaming and all of a sudden we need to put this into practice right now, (again more laughter).  We're currently reading, Loving the Little Years by Rachel Jankovic.  I have found it very practical and the author describes the book perfectly as a "loose collection of thoughts on mothering young children - for when you are motivated, discouraged, for the times when discipline seems fruitless, and for when you are just plain old tired."  I hope mothers of young children have a group of friends that they can get together with and get a fresh perspective on mothering, the good the bad and the ugly.


2 comments:

  1. I love this -and you're so right, having a group of sisters to lean on, cry with , laugh with, and pray with is SO important. I don't know where I'd be without the amazing women the Lord has given me as friends and the truth and love he has poured into my life through them.
    So thankful you have these girls around you (and so wish I could join you once in a while.)

    ReplyDelete