Monday, May 24, 2010

Anniversary Getaway

We're back from Florida with tanned skin and fun memories and a little bit of sadness as we're not sure when the whole family will be able to get together again. Our camera is really bad, so we didn't get very many good pictures, however I do know my sister Kelli did since she's a photographer and all so we'll wait for her good ones.  She took the picture of us at the top of the blog.  

Brian and I's 5 year anniversary is right around when our baby girl is due so we decided to take advantage of all the aunts and uncles and of course yiayia and grandaddy and leave Josiah to have a getaway night. We went to Daytona Beach and stayed at the Hilton right on the water. Going to sleep to the sound of the ocean right outside our window and then waking up to the same sound was pretty amazing and definitely just what Brian and I needed!! While in our room looking out at the vastness that is the ocean we were prompted to read from Job
"Where were you, Job, when I layed the foundations of the earth, tell me if you understand who marked off its dimensions?  Do you send lightning bolts on their way? Do they report to you? Who can tip over the water jars of the heavens...for God views the ends of the earth and sees everything under the heavens.  When he established the force of the wind and measured out the waters..."

What a Mighty God we serve!







2 comments:

  1. Lisa, what a great post! Happy (early) anniversary to you too! :)
    You look amazing, girl. I am so happy you all had a wonderful family getaway, and now it's time to look forward to some new members being added to your sweet family!! :) Hope the remainder of your pregnancy goes well -- looking forward to hearing of the Little Miss's arrival!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful -love that passage!
    Glad you guys had your time away. We sure had fun watching Joey...oh man he is CUTE and HILARIOUS (a good combo).
    Can't wait to see how the next one turns out...pretty sure she's going to be cool too and I know for a fact she's going to want to take a trip to visit Auntie Kelli and her camera;)

    ReplyDelete