Today was the annual Bloomsday run in downtown Spokane. When Brian and I first moved to Spokane this fun run was one of the first things we heard about and we began training for the 7.5 mile race while still living in MA. We moved out here and ran that race together and wanted to make it a tradition to continue to do it every year after. Out of 4 years being here I have already missed 2 due to pregnancies, but next year I plan on running again. Brian ran this morning and did GREAT (like he always does at any sporting activity he participates in). Each year they have a new t-shirt and it's a big surprise what the shirt looks like until you get to the end of the race. Bloomsday is a HUGE deal with approximately 55,000 runners each year. The highest number of runners was 61,298 in 1996 (like I said, HUGE DEAL). The first year they had this race was in 1977 with a little over 1,000 runners so it's definitely grown as the years have gone on.
PS After running the race Brian came home and mowed the lawn - what a man!
No comments:
Post a Comment